Wednesday, January 14, 2009

What's Going On

So to play catch up--Thanksgiving and Christmas were awesome around here. And yes, it has been that long!! Joseph and Landon were home for neither Thanksgiving or Christmas, but they came home the day after for both. Landon is not very animated about his presents. I know he enjoyed what Santa brought him, but he doesn't show it very well. That's just his nature. Maddie on the other hand, is very animated. Santa came on Christmas day, even though Landon was not here. So until Landon came back home, it was like Christmas morning every morning for Maddie. The first time she saw her gifts, she just kept yelling, "Wow!!" She's fun, and that's her nature to be animated.

Before Christmas our family found out some very exciting news--we're going to have a new addition come August!! We're so excited!! The due date is actually August 17th. So far, this pregnancy has been basically the same as Maddie's, with the exception of being extremely tired--like ALL the time. It's all so worth it of course, but it does make for an extra long day at work. Landon is excited, and he's hoping so hard for a little brother. Joseph and I have agreed that we have a boy and a girl, so this one being whatever it is is going to be awesome.

We had a great New Year's. We went to I guess you could say our annual New Year's Eve party at the Deal's in Alexandria. There was of course the yummiest food ever and some great fireworks to ring in the New Year.

From our family to yours, we hope that this year brings nothing but greatness to all of you!!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Congratulations Whitney. That is so exciting for you guys. I totally understand the tired part. I was tired for the entire 9 months with Ethan, or so it seemed to my darling husband.

heidivee said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you. Hopefully the pure exhaustion will only last a few more weeks. :) Keep me posted!

Thurston Fam said...

yay! Mama WEE~! And I bet Maddie was so adorable opening gifts! What a cutie! I bet she is growing up so much!

heidivee said...

Just thinking about you and wondering how you are feeling? I hope the exhaustion goes away soon. I actually really like being pregnant, so I'm a little jealous. But I don't want the baby when the 9 months is done. Well, that sounded awful. Of course if I was pregnant I would want the baby. I guess what I'm saying is I don't want any more kids. :) but I do love to be prego.